March 19, 2018
The spring season is here! In addition to taxes, many of us want to take care of some overlooked cleaning tasks. Procrastination often creeps in when it comes to cleaning—especially our offices. It can feel overwhelming and somewhat unproductive to spend time decluttering and cleaning your workspace, but once complete, most people feel a sense of relief and calm. Use this handy checklist to expedite your office cleaning:
1. Your computer
- Clean your keyboard and computer vents with compressed air.
- Disinfect monitor keyboard, mouse and any devices on your desk.
- Untangle and label computer cords and cables.
- Backup files to the cloud, delete trash files and perform necessary updates.
- Defragment your hard drive and/or perform a disk utility cleanup.
2. Your Desk
- Dust and disinfect the surface.
- Trash any broken office supplies and nonfunctional pens and pencils.
- Enter contact information from business cards to your digital contacts.
- Clear all unnecessary documents and file, shred or recycle them.
3. General Housekeeping
- Dust the room, all window treatments and lights.
- Clean area rugs and carpets.
- Clean air vents, ducts and baseboards.
- Wash the windows and clean the floor.
By breaking down tasks into the manageable groupings, you’ll be more efficient as you clean your office. Keep this checklist handy—knowing that a cleaner office offers a sense of relief and calm.